Tuesday 26 June 2012

TO MY ARABA

Araba!
Days come and nights go, 
I roam the streets in search
Of whom to greet and shower my love upon
My face now wretched, I hide in regret
More engulfed in this dilemma than Ananse in his web
In the shallows of your heart.
News travel of me – they say ‘your lover is mad’ and you bother not.
Instead of paying for your hairdo, I am the poor fellow carrying that weird look
Torn skirts my roofless shelter amidst the tease
Spending and straining their muscles to call; them passers-by and your friends
‘The wild pet’, as wages I receive mockery.
Araba, to you my all gave and you left me to fall...
Araba, to you my time gave and you left me no dime...
Araba, to you my love gave and you returned me a hard shove...
Araba, I need an answer...
What excuse shall I give God for this decision to depart the face of living mortals?
Till then
Your love, Kofi. (##ontopofSilverStarTowerBuilding##)



Copyright (C) 2012

No comments: